Saturday, December 06, 2008

Naomi Klein on December 6, 1989



I have never really been able to find the words to describe how the Montreal Massacre affected me. It is a tangled jumble of emotions: disgust, disbelief, shock, anger, sadness, hope, determination among others.

I wasn't prepared for this type of crime, none of us were. I thought it was a minimum expectation of society that an angry mentally ill man would not be running around with an assault rifle, a weapon designed solely for a war zone.

Nineteen years later we have a Government that is philosophically opposed to gun control and pay equity. And for that I don't have any words either.


Genevieve Bergeron
Helene Colgan
Nathalie Croteau
Barbara Daigneault
Anne-Marie Edward
Maud Haviernick
Barbara Marie Klueznick
Maryse Laganiere
Maryse Leclair
Anne-Marie Lemay
Sonia Pelletier
Michele Richard
Annie St. Arneault
Annie Turcotte
Please recommend this post

No comments: