Saturday, October 06, 2012

"Calgary Muslims to campaign against controversial film"


A local Muslim organization is speaking out against a controversial anti-Muslim film.
The group will be out this weekend, going door to door in a campaign to enable Calgarians to understand why the film has offended so many.
It's good that they're trying to communicate about the Muslim communities view of this problem.  I just don't know if Calgarians will be receptive to their message.  Calgary, although diverse and friendly, also has an underside of raw prejudice.  And the climate right now is to be judgemental of local Muslims because of the actions of extremists elsewhere.

It also depends on what their message is. I don't think there's any possible way you can go to non-believers and complain about blasphemy.  It's a meaningless concept in a society of free speech and free thinkers.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will turn out well. Please recommend this post

No comments: