Some of my favourites from the last couple of days.
1. Sara Posner at the Nation and Christopher Hitchens at Slate Magazine both deconstruct Rick Warren. What they find under the rock is not pretty. They're both good articles but one is more nuclear. Can you guess which one?
2. Vanity Fair's special on Tina Fey. With pictures. Awkward throat clearing. Grabbing collar.
3. A woman repeatedly fainted from eating sandwiches and pop. Luckily science figures it out without going all Freudian.
4. Steven Fletcher, Minister of Promoting Ignorance threatens to abolish the Senate. Do you think its unusual that a man responsible for democratic reform doesn't even know a sitting Government can't just unilaterally abolish the senate? Do you think he should know that?
5. Preston Manning's shallow attempt to offer advice on fixing the current Parliament. Abstract: Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Vote Conservative have a nice day. Elder Statesman...not so much.
6. A CBC news story about the California Attorney General recommending that the California Supreme Court overturn proposition 8 on the basis that it is unconstitutional.
7. PZ Myers has a good post, If Programming Languages Were Religions Also known as flame baiting.
8. And oh yeah, apparently the Belgian government has collapsed and the country may separate. Now my personal assistant Nannette will be wanting time off.
Please recommend this post