Wednesday, August 25, 2004

You won't want to miss that

Welcome back to Athens and more Olympic coverage, I'm Brian Williams. Folks, as I was driving into the studio today I could'nt help but notice that the roads here in Greece were mostly black with some white markings. The markings were fairly thin, about 3 or 4 inches wide, going down the middle of the road, and you can't help wondering what those are there for. I talked with some Greek people in depth about their black roads and the white stripes and we'll air that later. I guarantee you won't want to miss that. I'm Brian Williams.
...
I'm Brian Williams. You should see the orange colored lamp on the desk in my hotel room near the bed. Folks, I've never seen anything like it. It probably has a 75 Watt bulb or it could be a 100 Watt bulb it really depends a lot on how you rate that kind of thing. Later I'll talk to the men's beach volleyball team about the lamps in their rooms. You won't want to miss that. I'm Brian Williams.
...
Welcome back, I'm Brian Williams. Folks you would not believe this desk I'm sitting behind. More on that later. You won't want to miss that. Now lets go to the swimming pool. I want you to notice how clear and blue that water is. They tell me the blue is because of the way the light hits the water. Amazing. Its absolutely essential for the Canadian swimmers to understand this. Later I go poolside for an in depth interview with the 10 metre diving platform. You won't want to miss that. I'm Brian Williams.
...
Welcome back. Folks you should know that for security reasons they've closed the whole air-space around Athens but in a late breaking controversy it seems they did not inform the officials over at the women trampoline event. Women bouncing in an out of the restricted air space put the Nato force here on high alert several times. We'll be covering that in a few moments and you won't want to miss that. I'm Brian Williams.
...
I'm Brian Williams. You know I've covered 11 Olympic games for the CBC, and quite well I might add, and later I will have a full feature interview with myself. You won't want to miss that. Think of it though folks, 11 Olympic games with the same tie and the same underwear. I'm Brian Williams.
Please recommend this post

No comments: